Senior Backend Engineer
We’re looking for a full-time, permanent, W-2 backend engineer. As part of such a small team, you will fill a critical role in short-term and long-term development, product management, site stability, and everywhere else your skills are a fit.
We’re currently working on a bunch of DevOps projects and would be thrilled to have you help where your skills match the best.
Here’s a list of things where we would love for you to take ownership.
- The Golang Base Agent and associated modules that sits on customer servers and sends log entries back to our log stream
- The stream processor which takes in log entries and spits out actionable data
- The public REST API
- Accounting, Billing, and Forecasting
- Site reliability with MySQL, Kafka, Storm, ElasticSearch, and AWS
- Package management for OSX, Linux, and Windows
- Shipping docker containers to enterprise customers
- Services used for authentication, dashboards, static pages, log entries, agent manipulation, stream acceptor.
- Build automation and continuous deployment
- A new system monitoring product that we’ve got under wraps.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field
- Software Engineering
- REST & HTTP
- High Availability
- Cash-based salary — working for stock alone is dumb
- Stock options — working for cash alone is dumb, too
- Unlimited PTO (who does that?)
- 100% company-paid dental insurance
- 100% company-paid vision insurance
- 100% company-paid medical insurance (notice a pattern?)
- Free laptop with the OS of your choice — keep it after 3 years
- Company activities, retreats, and fun events outside of work
- Weekly company lunches and unlimited snacks
- Free Minecraft license and access to the private company Minecraft server
- Have a major say in the direction of the company and product
- Wear lots of hats - never be bored with your job
- Learn new skills, stretch yourself in new ways
- Work with some of the brightest people in tech
To apply, send your resume, LinkedIn profile, or personal website to our CEO at email@example.com.